This jQuery plugin makes simple clientside form validation easy, whilst still offering plenty of customization options. It makes a good choice if you’re building something new from scratch, but also when you’re trying to integrate something into an existing application with lots of existing markup. The plugin comes bundled with a useful set of validation methods, including URL and email validation, while providing an API to write your own methods. All bundled methods come with default error messages in english and translations into 37 other languages.
The plugin was initially written and maintained by Jörn Zaefferer, a member of the jQuery team, lead developer on the jQuery UI team and maintainer of QUnit. It was started back in the early days of jQuery in 2006, and updated and improved since then.
Starting with Version 1.15.0 Markus Staab took over the maintenance of the codebase in February 2016. Since July 2016 Brahim Arkni assisted Markus, and a few months later Brahim joined the jQuery Validation core team.
Installation via Package Managers
bower install jquery-validation
npm i jquery-validation
Latest files on jsDelivr CDN (hotlinking welcome):
- https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/[email protected]/dist/jquery.validate.js
- https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/[email protected]/dist/jquery.validate.min.js
- https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/[email protected]/dist/additional-methods.js
- https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/[email protected]/dist/additional-methods.min.js
Latest files on cdnjs CDN (hotlinking welcome):
- Please post questions to the official using jQuery Plugins Forum, tagging your question with (at least) "validate". Keep your question short and succinct and provide code when possible; a testpage makes it much more likely that you get an useful answer in a shorter time.
- Please post bug reports and other contributions (enhancements, features, eg. new validation methods) to the GitHub issue tracker